果河子 | 注册:2004-6-29 09:35 | 等级:用户 |
|
黑小孩(威廉 布莱克)
THE LITTLE BLACK BOY 黑小孩
My mother bore me in the southern wild, 母亲背着我在南部的原野,
And I am black, but oh my soul is white! 我的皮肤黝黑而我的灵魂圣洁!
White as an angel is the English child, 这个英格兰的小孩如圣洁的天使,
But I am black, as if bereaved of light. 而我的皮肤黝黑,像剥夺了光洁。
My mother taught me underneath a tree, 母亲教我坐在树阴下,
And, sitting down before the heat of day, 躲避炎炎烈日,
She took me on her lap and kissed me, 她抱着我亲吻我,
And, pointed to the east, began to say: 手指着东方,说道:
"Look on the rising sun: there God does live, “瞧那初升的太阳:上帝就在那里,
And gives His light, and gives His heat away, 播撒光明,释放恩泽,
And flowers and trees and beasts and men receive 晨曦花草树木,虫鱼鸟兽,
Comfort in morning, joy in the noonday. 万物生灵吸取精华,午时生机盎然
"And we are put on earth a little space, “如果在世上给我们些空间,
That we may learn to bear the beams of love 我们或许可以承受爱的光芒
And these black bodies and this sunburnt face 这些晒黑的身体和脸盘
Is but a cloud, and like a shady grove. 只是一块黑云,像一片浓郁的小树林。
"For when our souls have learn'd the heat to bear, “因为当我们的灵魂感受到上帝的恩泽,
The cloud will vanish, we shall hear His voice, 乌云散去,此时可以听到他的声音,
Saying, 'Come out from the grove, my love and care ‘我的心爱,从小树林里出来,
And round my golden tent like lambs rejoice'," 像羊羔一样围在我的金色的帐篷外
欢叫,’”
Thus did my mother say, and kissed me; 母亲说完这些,亲了亲我,
And thus I say to little English boy. 我对英格兰小孩说
When I from black and he from white cloud free, 当我摆脱了黑云,他摆脱了白云
And round the tent of God like lambs we joy 像羊羔一样在上帝的帐篷外
欢笑
I'll shade him from the heat till he can bear 我给他遮蔽酷热 好让他惬意地
To lean in joy upon our Father's knee; 倚靠在上帝的膝旁
And then I'll stand and stroke his silver hair, 我站着抚摩他的洁白如银的头发
And be like him, and he will then love me. 我喜欢他啊,他那时也爱我
果河子 2004年 译
| |